Articles on this Page
- 07/22/13--06:00: _Kate Bryan’s Weeken...
- 07/24/13--06:00: _Gelish Reserve Swatch
- 07/25/13--05:52: _Ink Mauvelous Swatc...
- 07/27/13--10:16: _Nail Art with Feath...
- 07/30/13--12:50: _Gelish Under Her Sp...
- 08/01/13--05:00: _CND Shellac Hotski ...
- 08/03/13--06:00: _Simple Gold Polka D...
- 08/04/13--06:00: _Gelish Aurora FX Co...
- 08/05/13--07:09: _Shellac Tutti Frutt...
- 08/07/13--05:00: _Ink Dilemma, Ravish...
- 08/08/13--05:00: _Glam and Glits Ink ...
- 08/10/13--06:00: _Ink Secret Desire w...
- 08/14/13--12:17: _Stamping Dark Roses
- 08/16/13--05:00: _Blue-Green Gradient...
- 08/20/13--08:06: _Gelish Reds
- 08/23/13--07:19: _Shellac Purple Purple
- 08/28/13--07:54: _Gelish Under Her Sp...
- 08/30/13--05:00: _Rainbow Dots with C...
- 08/31/13--06:15: _Beauty Blogazons We...
- 09/01/13--06:00: _Gradient Zebra Stri...
- 07/22/13--06:00: Kate Bryan’s Weekend Wear Look with Almay Cosmetics
- 07/24/13--06:00: Gelish Reserve Swatch
- 07/25/13--05:52: Ink Mauvelous Swatch & SOG Haul!
- 07/27/13--10:16: Nail Art with Feather Water Decals from the Born Pretty Store
- 07/30/13--12:50: Gelish Under Her Spell Collection Fall 2013
- 08/01/13--05:00: CND Shellac Hotski to Tchotchke
- 08/03/13--06:00: Simple Gold Polka Dots and Glitter Manicure
- 08/04/13--06:00: Gelish Aurora FX Collection
- 08/05/13--07:09: Shellac Tutti Frutti w/Zebra Print & Glitter
- 08/07/13--05:00: Ink Dilemma, Ravishing & Rock in Red Swatches
- 08/08/13--05:00: Glam and Glits Ink Soak-Off Gel Polish Swatches
- 08/10/13--06:00: Ink Secret Desire w/ Owl & Polka Dots
- 08/14/13--12:17: Stamping Dark Roses
- 08/16/13--05:00: Blue-Green Gradient with Color Blocking
- 08/20/13--08:06: Gelish Reds
- 08/23/13--07:19: Shellac Purple Purple
- 08/28/13--07:54: Gelish Under Her Spell Collection Swatches & Review – Fall 2013
- 08/30/13--05:00: Rainbow Dots with CND Additives
- 08/31/13--06:15: Beauty Blogazons Weekly Roundup
- 09/01/13--06:00: Gradient Zebra Stripe Manicure
I was delighted to be asked by BlogHer to share this Almay-sponsored video series, "Different Occasions. Different Looks. Always Pretty." In this video, find out how you can get Kate’s Weekend Wear Look!
This is Gelish Reserve, a frosty neutral color. One of my besties says this is her favorite Gelish color. I, however, am not a huge fan of tans and neutrals. They don’t work well with my skin tone and I just prefer brighter, bolder colors. Reserve has a nice shimmer to it so if you [...]
This is Ink Mauvelous #44. The color surprised me because it looks nothing like the label on the bottle. I thought it would be more of a purple shade, but it's a mauvy pink.
I’m always looking for nail art decorations that will work well with gel polish and I have another one to share with you today. The Born Pretty Store sent me these feather water decals to try. The set comes with 11 different feather designs, and I chose to use the pink and purple ones to [...]
Gelish MINI® Introduces Six New Shades Inspired by Femme Fatale Fashion SEDUCTIVE AND FEMININE HUES DEFINE THE FALL SEASON BREA, Calif. – (July 2013) - Sparked by the feminine textures of lace and tulle, along with fabrics such as velvet and leather that were prevalent on the fashion runways for the fall season, Danny Haile, [...]
I finally tried CND Shellac gel polish for the first time. I chose this bright teal blue color from the lot that I recently purchased called Hotski to Tchotchke. Teal is my favorite color so naturally I was drawn to it and had to try it before all the others.
I haven’t experimented much with polka dots, so I thought I’d give it a shot. I love the classic look of uniform dots, and I have seen a lot of cute manis lately with metallic dots on white. I used a combination of different SOG brands for this mani. The green polish is Ink Wasabi, [...]
The Gelish Aurora FX Collection has been out for quite a while, but I just recently picked up the last two colors that I was missing from the set. I thought it would make sense to put all of the colors from the collection in one post. I apologize in advance that the photos are [...]
This design was inspired by some pictures that I saw on Instagram over the weekend. This nail artist features several designs with one nail that’s half animal print, half glitter with rhinestones separating the two. I knew I had to give it a try, and am so glad I did! The pink is Shellac Tutti [...]
Someone asked me if I knew of a cranberry gel polish that’s similar to the Julep Joan swatch that I posted a while ago. I didn’t know of one, and it’s been on my mind ever since. I suggested IBD Indian Sari, but that turned out to be much more purple. When I bought my [...]
Similar to my Gelish swatch gallery, I thought I would also start a gallery of all of the Ink swatches that I’ve done. I know it’s helpful to see them all in one place, so I’ll update this post on an ongoing basis as I swatch more colors by this brand. Enjoy! Reds & Pinks: [...]
Who doesn’t love owls?! I received several nail decal designs from Lucky Star Style, and instantly fell in love with these cute little purple owls. The purple color on the two outside fingers is Ink Secret Desire, topped with one coat of Gelish Izzy Wizzy. The white is Ink Glacier, and the pink dots were [...]
I bought the DRK-A stamping plate and a new XL squishy stamper and decided to play with them a bit. The concept of the squishy stamper is great… it’s supposed to be awesome for curvy nails like mine because you can just press it onto your nail and it will wrap around it. Unfortunately I [...]
It’s been a busy week! My daughter leaves for college on Saturday, so we’ve been trying to get her all packed and prepped for her new adventure. It’s an exciting time and we’re both experiencing a range of emotions. She’s my only child, so I’ll be living alone for the first time in my life [...]
I dropped my daughter off at Ohio State on Saturday… it’s very bitter sweet. I’ve gone through a range of emotions the last couple of days. It’s strange to know that she’s not coming home for a while which makes me sad, but I’m excited for her and so proud. It sounds like she’s doing [...]
I’m wearing Shellac Purple Purple today. I think it should be called Blurple Blurple because it’s one of those purples that sometimes looks blue. It has a really gorgeous shimmer and is probably one of my favorite purples to-date. The color was really hard to capture on camera because it looks so different depending on [...]
Can you believe that fall is just around the corner? I've had a lot of fun playing with bright, bold colors this summer, but I'm ready to start the transition to darker fall colors. Gelish just released their new fall collection called Under Her Spell. It hit the Sally Beauty Supply stores at the beginning of August. The collection includes six new custom-blended colors.
I’m learning about additives and how to use them to create different nail art effects. A friend was kind enough to share her CND additive collection with me, so now I have a whole new set of goodies to play with. Additives are pigmented powders that you can layer over gel polish to create different [...]
Mama Fashionista: It may be the end of August, but Quinn says it’s better late than never to share her July Faves! Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Think that you can do without a toner in your skincare routine? Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion may change your mind! Glamorable!: Are you a Birchbox subscriber? Check out [...]
I’ve been playing with CND additives again! It’s SO easy to create gradients with additives… why did I wait so long to try these? For this mani I started off with 3 coats of Couture Little Black Dress, and then applied three different color additives into the tacky layer of my gel polish to create [...]