Articles on this Page
- 09/03/13--13:59: _Kate Bryan’s “Girls...
- 09/05/13--07:00: _Blog Sale!
- 09/07/13--04:56: _VIDEO: Nail Art wi...
- 09/09/13--05:00: _Gelish Magneto Swat...
- 09/11/13--05:00: _LeChat Lavender Blo...
- 09/12/13--07:00: _Guest post on Esthe...
- 09/13/13--05:00: _Wantable Fashion & ...
- 09/15/13--07:22: _Gelish After Dark &...
- 09/18/13--05:00: _Comparison of White...
- 10/28/13--05:00: _Halloween Candy Nai...
- 10/30/13--05:00: _Autumn Trees Nail Art
- 11/01/13--05:00: _Gelish Trends “Cand...
- 11/03/13--06:00: _What’s Trending on ...
- 11/05/13--06:00: _Gelish MINI Never T...
- 11/06/13--05:00: _Gelish Double Shot ...
- 11/08/13--07:39: _Gelish Glitter Topp...
- 11/11/13--05:00: _Gelish Tasty Eggpla...
- 11/13/13--05:00: _Gelish Midnight Cov...
- 11/15/13--05:00: _Gelish Trends Movem...
- 11/18/13--05:00: _RCM Green & Gold Fl...
- 09/03/13--13:59: Kate Bryan’s “Girls Night Out” Look with Almay
- 09/05/13--07:00: Blog Sale!
- 09/07/13--04:56: VIDEO: Nail Art with CND Additives
- 09/09/13--05:00: Gelish Magneto Swatches
- 09/11/13--05:00: LeChat Lavender Blooms; Mood Color Changing Gel Polish
- 09/12/13--07:00: Guest post on Esther’s Nail Center; CND Vinylux Review & Swatches
- 09/13/13--05:00: Wantable Fashion & Beauty Boxes
- 09/15/13--07:22: Gelish After Dark & Water Field
- 09/18/13--05:00: Comparison of White Gel Polishes
- 10/28/13--05:00: Halloween Candy Nail Art
- 10/30/13--05:00: Autumn Trees Nail Art
- 11/01/13--05:00: Gelish Trends “Candy Shop” Glitter Topper
- 11/03/13--06:00: What’s Trending on Chickettes? 3Q 2013
- 11/05/13--06:00: Gelish MINI Never Too Grey & Dear Johnny Green
- 11/06/13--05:00: Gelish Double Shot Espresso & Strut Your Stuff
- 11/08/13--07:39: Gelish Glitter Toppers – Water Field & Grand Jewels
- 11/11/13--05:00: Gelish Tasty Eggplant & Mauvy Mauve
- 11/13/13--05:00: Gelish Midnight Cover & A Little Cream Please
- 11/15/13--05:00: Gelish Trends Movember Nails
- 11/18/13--05:00: RCM Green & Gold Floral Nail Art
I was delighted to be asked by BlogHer to share this Almay-sponsored video series, “Different Occasions. Different Looks. Always Pretty.” In this video, find out how you can get Kate’s sassy girls night out look!
I'm a 5-minute makeup girl, and this cat eye look is something that can easily be incorporated into my night out makeup routine. I love wearing volumizing mascara too, it's the one thing that I never leave the house without!
It’s time to de-stash! My polish shelf is full and I need to make room for some new ones! All of the items listed were purchased and used by me. Most were only swatched or used once, some have never been opened. I do not sell items that I receive as press samples. If you [...]
I took a little hiatus from making videos, but I finally have a new one for you! I documented the new techniques that I recently learned using CND Additives. In this this video you’ll learn how to create a gradient, how I did my recent zebra stripe and polka dot nail art, and a new [...]
The Magneto collection from Gelish came out in 2012. In my quest to swatch all of the Gelish colors available, this collection couldn’t be left out! I never jumped on the magnetic polish bandwagon, but after finally trying them, they are pretty cool. These colors are applied just like any other gel polish, except you [...]
I was inspired by Michelle at Manic Talons to purchase and try one of the LeChat Mood polishes. This line has several different color combinations available, and I fell in love with this polish called Lavender Blooms that shifts from white to purple based on the temperature. It’s a pink-ish white when warm, purple when [...]
Hi everyone! Head on over to Esther's Nail Center blog to read my guest post reviewing CND Vinylux Weekly Polish! I tested the wear over the course of a week, swatched six colors and wrote a short comparison of Vinylux to SOG polish. Enjoy!
I love subscription services like beauty boxes so I was very excited when Wantable contacted me to see if I would be interested in trying one of their boxes. Wantable currently offers three different kinds of boxes; makeup, accessories and intimate wear. I opted to try the makeup box, though the others intrigue me as [...]
I wanted to show you what I’ve been wearing on my nails this weekend… Gelish After Dark with Water Field over top. It’s so sparkly and pretty! This was my first time trying either of these polishes. After Dark is a gorgeous dark blue. This is a color that’s been around for a while and [...]
I’m often asked how the Gelish whites compare to one another. Until this week I only owned Sheek White and Snow Bunny, but I also picked up Artic Freeze so I thought I would show you how all of the whites that I have compare side-by-side. Each swatch stick has two coats of color, and [...]
Today I did a whimsical Halloween skittle design on my nails. I wanted to do something candy themed, so I added a lollipop and candy corn. I did the dots just to tie the colors all together, and I couldn’t think of a third candy design so I stamped a spider web on my pinky(...)
It’s Autumn in my little part of the world, and the trees are amazing shades of orange, yellow and red. I knew when I got my new Bundle Monster plate set that I had to do an Autumn themed design with the tree image from plate BM-407. There are a lot of details in this(...)
I have just a quick mani today using Candy Shop, one of the new Gelish Trends glitter toppers. The green on my index finger is Ink Wasabi, and my pinky finger has 2 coats of Gelish Garden Teal Party and one coat of Oocha Coocha. The middle fingers have two coats of Gelish Artic Freeze(...)
I have a degree in accounting (though I’ve never actually practiced) and am a bit of a numbers geek. I like adding things up and looking at stats. I often use Amazon affiliate links when I write about products as a way to help fund the purchases of the polishes that I swatch on the(...)
I have several Gelish swatches coming up this week. I’m working my way through the last colors on my list to be swatched… only 8 more to go after I post my recent pics! But then of course there’s a new winter collection coming out and all of those Trends… the fun never ends! (Hey,(...)
Today I have two creamy dark brown Gelish swatches for you. Brown is a great, warm color for fall. The first one is Double Shot Espresso, which reminds me of coffee or dark chocolate. It applies a little like a jelly and is the lighter of the two. Double Shot Espresso is only available in(...)
These are my last two swatches of glitter toppers in the regular Gelish line. You can see how these two toppers compare with the others in my Gelish gallery (scroll toward the bottom of the page). The first one is Water Field, it’s loaded with small specs of silver glitter and a few larger holographic(...)
I have a couple more good fall colors to share with you today. Gelish Tasty Eggplant is a unique shade of purple with a creamy finish. This color is only available in the MINI size and seems to be similar or a dupe for the color It Girl from the European Just For You collection.(...)
Gelish Midnight Cover is a gorgeous dark blue with a very subtle shimmer. I’m in love with this color for fall & winter. This color is only available in the MINI size and I believe is very similar to or a dupe for My Favorite Blue-tique from the European Just For You Collection. This is(...)
It’s Movember… the month of mustaches to raise awareness for men’s health issues, so I’m sporting a mustache on my mani! The mustache is a water decal from LuckyStarStyle… they have several different mustache styles available and the decals are super affordable and easy to use. I picked up a few more Gelish Trends this(...)
I received the Milano Collection from Red Carpet Manicure to sample and swatch. I’ll have all of those swatches for you in just a couple of days, but in the meantime I wanted to share my current manicure that features my favorite color from the collection called Behind the Scenes. Behind the Scenes is a(...)