Articles on this Page
- 04/06/14--07:00: _Blue Gel Polish Swa...
- 04/08/14--06:00: _A Feather Manicure ...
- 04/10/14--06:00: _Medium Pink Gel Pol...
- 04/13/14--06:00: _Peacock Feather Nai...
- 04/15/14--06:35: _Beauty Blog Coaliti...
- 04/17/14--06:00: _Hand-Drawn Floral E...
- 04/19/14--06:00: _Light Teal Swatches...
- 04/22/14--06:00: _LeChat Mood Gel Pol...
- 04/24/14--06:00: _Dark Teal Swatches:...
- 04/26/14--09:00: _CND Shellac Paradis...
- 04/29/14--05:30: _CND Paradise Collec...
- 05/02/14--06:00: _CND Shellac Paradis...
- 05/04/14--06:00: _Gelish With His Red...
- 05/05/14--07:11: _Lilac & Lace Nails
- 05/08/14--07:15: _Graduation Nails: I...
- 05/10/14--07:00: _Chickettes.com 2nd ...
- 05/13/14--06:00: _Gelaze Spontaneous ...
- 05/13/14--06:00: _Gelish Colors of Pa...
- 05/14/14--08:10: _Gelish MINI Colors ...
- 05/16/14--06:00: _Gelish Colors of Pa...
- 04/06/14--07:00: Blue Gel Polish Swatches
- 04/08/14--06:00: A Feather Manicure in Memory
- 04/10/14--06:00: Medium Pink Gel Polish Swatches
- 04/13/14--06:00: Peacock Feather Nails with Water Decals
- 04/15/14--06:35: Beauty Blog Coalition May Day GIVEAWAY!
- 04/17/14--06:00: Hand-Drawn Floral Easter / Spring Nail Art
- 04/22/14--06:00: LeChat Mood Gel Polish: Coral Caress
- 04/26/14--09:00: CND Shellac Paradise Collection Swatches & Review – Summer 2014
- 04/29/14--05:30: CND Paradise Collection Nail Art: Color Blocking with Stamps
- 05/02/14--06:00: CND Shellac Paradise Collection Color Comparisons
- 05/04/14--06:00: Gelish With His Red So Bright
- 05/05/14--07:11: Lilac & Lace Nails
- 05/08/14--07:15: Graduation Nails: IU Crimson & Cream
- 05/10/14--07:00: Chickettes.com 2nd Blogiversary Giveaway!!
- 05/13/14--06:00: Gelaze Spontaneous Swatch
- 05/13/14--06:00: Gelish Colors of Paradise Collection (Summer 2014) Swatches
- 05/14/14--08:10: Gelish MINI Colors of Paradise GIVEAWAY!
- 05/16/14--06:00: Gelish Colors of Paradise Comparisons
I had planned to post my medium pink swatches today, but I desperately need a break from pink! I’ll have the rest of my pink swatches for you within the week though. So I’m shifting the focus to some true blues, meaning they don’t lean green/teal. I also have several blue/green shades to share with(...)
This manicure was created with a special friend in mind. I learned on Saturday that a long-time friend passed away suddenly. He lived several hours away in Toronto so we didn’t see each other frequently, but we always kept in touch and he was one of those life-long friends that I could call at any(...)
As promised, here are the medium pink gel polish swatches (you can also find light pink and dark pink posts at these links). All swatches below show the polishes with three coats as usual. Let me know if you have any questions! This is ibd Just Gel Polish Funny Bone, a bright medium pink with(...)
I’m still in a feather mood, so I went for peacock feathers this week. I purchased these peacock feather decals from Born Pretty Store. These weren’t the easiest decals I’ve ever worked with, but it may have been easier if I didn’t apply them upside down! These decals have a solid white background so they(...)
Hi everyone! The ladies from the Beauty Blog Coalition have come together to bring you a May Day Giveaway with some really AMAZING prizes. Be sure to visit the participating members listed in the graphic above. Three lucky winners will receive Visa gift cards with some very hefty values!! This giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY! Prizes:(...)
It got nice and warm here in Cleveland giving us a brief taste of Spring, and then Mother Nature played a cruel trick and dumped another little blanket of snow over us this week. Ah well… more warm days are to come and I’m looking forward to getting out in my garden. I designed some(...)
Today I have a few swatches of my favorite color… teal blue. These are lighter teals, I also have a couple of darker teals that I’ll swatch another day. I didn’t realize until I swatched these three that two of them are almost identical! I can hardly tell Gelaze For Audrey and ibd Jupiter Blue(...)
Oh, how I love color changing polishes! This is one of the Mood gel polishes from LeChat called Coral Caress. It shifts from a pale lavender when it’s warm to a dark coral color when it’s cold. I’ve been wearing this for a couple of days now and it’s almost always some shade of lavender.(...)
I have a couple of darker teal swatches today since I posted some lighter teal swatches a few days ago. The first one is Gelaze Turned Up Turquoise, a bright shimmery teal. I really love this color, but I was expecting it to be slightly more opaque. I still had some visible nail line after(...)
I’m trying to branch out a little into different brands, and this new collection by CND Shellac really caught my eye. I love bright, bold colors and these definitely fit that bill! I actually own a bunch of Shellac polishes, but I never use them because most of the colors seem rather dull, so it’s(...)
After swatching all of the awesome colors from the CND Shellac Paradise Collection, I had the urge to do some nail art with the colors. I actually ended up doing two totally different designs in one sitting. I didn’t like the first one, so I took it off and started over. This is the one(...)
I posted my swatches of the CND Shellac Paradise Collection earlier in the week (see here), and promised to show you how these colors compare with other colors from my collection. Keep in mind that my collection contains more Gelish than any other brand and I own very few Shellac shades. I can only show(...)
I attended a black tie event on Friday night and got all dressed up in black and white. I wanted to wear sparkly red nails and realized that I hadn’t yet swatched Gelish With His Red So Bright, so this was a no-brainer! This color is from the Gelish 2013 Winter Reds Collection, so this(...)
I was browsing the nail section at Walgreens the other day and this SensatioNail color called my name very loudly! The color is SensatioNail Heirloom Lilac and it’s the lightest shade of lilac that I now own. It has a very subtle shimmer, and I added some extra sparkle by applying a coat of Ink(...)
My cousin Shawna is graduating from Indiana University with her Ph.D.!! Woot woot! I’m so proud of her! She’s worked long and hard to get here and we’re going to celebrate all weekend long. I did my nails in IU colors, crimson and cream, for the occasion. For the sparkly crimson nails I used a(...)
Chickettes.com turns 2 years old today!! Time flies when you’re having fun! I really, really love writing this blog and sharing all of my swatches and nail art with you, and I hope to do it for many more years to come. ♥♥ Did you know… I had no idea when I started this blog(...)
Ok, so I confess that this is a filler post while I work on swatching a new collection that you’ve all been waiting for! I promise to have it done soon, but in the meantime here is a swatch of Gelaze Spontaneous. This is a nice medium purple with a cream finish. I hear a(...)
Who’s ready for summer??!! I am! The new Gelish Colors of Paradise collection is full of fun, bright colors for the summer season. I know that many of you have been anticipating these swatches and to see how they compare with the All About the Glow collection. Many of the colors in this set are(...)
Now that you’ve seen my swatches of the new Gelish Colors of Paradise Collection, here’s your chance to win the whole set of colors and some other awesome goodies from Gelish MINI®! This prize package includes everything you need to start doing your own gel polish manicures at home. A huge thanks to Gelish MINI(...)
Edit: Oops! I forgot that I had this post scheduled to publish today… I didn’t actually want it to go up yet since I haven’t finished my fade tests. I guess I’ll have to publish those separately when they’re done. *** Many people have noted that the new Colors of Paradise collection (see the swatches)(...)