Articles on this Page
- 02/20/14--07:34: _Rainbow Foil Nails ...
- 02/23/14--06:00: _Messy Mansion Stamp...
- 02/25/14--06:37: _Gelish Day Dream Co...
- 02/27/14--06:00: _3D Textured Diamond...
- 03/02/14--06:00: _China Glaze Gelaze ...
- 03/04/14--06:26: _Ibd Just Gel – Prec...
- 03/06/14--07:30: _Black and Red Gothi...
- 03/09/14--07:18: _St. Patrick’s Day N...
- 03/11/14--07:00: _Gelish Trends: Too ...
- 03/13/14--06:00: _Gelish Trends Life ...
- 03/15/14--06:00: _Using Acrygel for A...
- 03/18/14--06:00: _Peach Swatches: ibd...
- 03/20/14--06:00: _Zig Zag & Polka Dot...
- 03/23/14--06:30: _Gelaze Awakening, i...
- 03/25/14--06:00: _Dark Pink Swatches:...
- 03/27/14--06:00: _Spring Floral Stamp...
- 03/30/14--07:00: _Light Pink Gel Poli...
- 04/01/14--08:23: _Beauty Blogazons Sp...
- 04/01/14--09:10: _Soft Pink Rose Nail...
- 04/03/14--06:00: _YouVeeShield Review...
- 02/20/14--07:34: Rainbow Foil Nails with Gel Polish
- 02/23/14--06:00: Messy Mansion Stamping: Koi Fish & Water Nails
- 02/25/14--06:37: Gelish Day Dream Confetti – Limited Edition
- 02/27/14--06:00: 3D Textured Diamond Plate Nails
- 03/02/14--06:00: China Glaze Gelaze Flying Dragon Swatch
- 03/04/14--06:26: Ibd Just Gel – Precious Peridot Swatch
- 03/06/14--07:30: Black and Red Gothic Nails with Cross & Gelaze Liquid Leather Swatch
- 03/09/14--07:18: St. Patrick’s Day Nail Art 2014
- 03/13/14--06:00: Gelish Trends Life of the Party Swatch & Collection Overview
- 03/15/14--06:00: Using Acrygel for Added Strength & Nail Repairs
- 03/20/14--06:00: Zig Zag & Polka Dot Mani
- 03/23/14--06:30: Gelaze Awakening, ibd Tabloid Talk, Ink Berry Funk
- 03/27/14--06:00: Spring Floral Stamped Nails & ACG Flawless Swatch
- 03/30/14--07:00: Light Pink Gel Polish Swatches
- 04/01/14--08:23: Beauty Blogazons Spring Giveaway – $500 Prize!!
- 04/01/14--09:10: Soft Pink Rose Nail Art Using Decals
I’ve been wanting to play with nail art transfer foils again for a while. I’ve only used them one other time, you can see that mani here. I had an idea in my head of a rainbow pattern with foils, though it didn’t turn out exactly as I had imagined when I sat down to(...)
This is another mani that I created using a Messy Mansion stamping plate. Plate MM29 has some awesome aquatic imagery including a koi fish, seahorse, mermaid and various water images. I started with three coats of Couture Milano, a soft pale blue. I stamped a water pattern onto each nail using Kleancolor Metallic Aqua. The(...)
I happened to get my hands on a bottle of a limited edition Gelish polish called Day Dream Confetti. It’s a flakie topper and was exclusively for sale for a limited time at Cosmoprof stores (which is for pros only) on Black Friday of last year. You can read more about this here. There was(...)
I’ve seen some really cool 3D textured nails popping up on Instagram and Pinterest, so I decided to experiment to see if I could create a textured look using just soak-off gel polish. I think the result turned out pretty cool! I ended up with this industrial look that resembles a diamond plate pattern. I(...)
Sally Beauty Supply had a Buy-One, Get-One Free (BOGO) coupon this week, and I took advantage of it and picked up some of the new China Glaze gel polishes called Gelaze. I believe there are 40 colors out currently (correction: there are 34 colors), and I bought 8 of them. My favorite of the bunch(...)
I just bought 15 new ibd Just Gel polishes, the 8 Gelaze colors that I showed in my last post and a few Fingerpaints, so there are lots of swatches coming soon! This is a swatch of ibd Precious Peridot, which is a hard color to explain. In some lights it looks very green and(...)
I picked up these cross studs from the Born Pretty Store and I’ve been trying to decide what to do with them. I was inspired by Candy Coated Talons to use red foils over black polish to create a gothic look. I started with three coats of Gelaze Liquid Leather. Normally I would stick the(...)
I’m getting in the spirit for St. Patrick’s Day with this festive nail art. I purchased some shamrock nail art stickers from Etsy last year and have kept them on hand for this occasion. I’m really happy with how this manicure turned out. The sticker decal worked wonderfully. I see that they are now sold(...)
I’m almost done swatching all of the Gelish Trends – only one more to go after today! You can view all of my other ones over on my Gelish swatch gallery page. The first one shown here is Feel Me On Your Fingertips. It’s a purple glitter topper with a clear base. I applied three(...)
Gelish Trends Life of the Party is the last color from the collection that I have to show you. This one is a gorgeous glittery red that reminds me of the ruby slippers in The Wizard of Oz! I think it’s the best red glitter polish yet. In some lights it appears to lean slightly(...)
Everyone that uses gel polish needs to know about the “acrygel” technique. Acrygel is a combination of the words acrylic and gel. It’s a method for adding strength to your nails using acrylic powder and gel foundation, so you get the strength of acrylic with the soak-off ability of gel. I first learned about this(...)
I don’t know about you, but I’m getting really excited for spring and summer colors. I love to wear bright, fun colors on my nails. I recently purchased a bunch of new gel polishes and have quite a few spring-y shades to share with you. I’m going to start swatching them in color groups. Today’s(...)
This is the mani that I’ve been wearing this week. I love that it feels bright and spring-y. I picked out these three colors as I thought they’d look nice together, sat down at my nail station and ended up coming up with this. The three colors used are: Gelaze Purple Panic, a gorgeous bright(...)
I have swatches from three different brands today. I laid out all of the colors that I own that need to be swatched and put them into color groupings. These are the purple-leaning pinks and/or pink-leaning purples of the bunch. The first color seen here is Gelaze Awakening. It’s a really lovely shade of purple(...)
Hi everyone! I have several new shades of pink to swatch so I’m breaking them down into three groups; light, medium and dark. Today I have the darker shades to share with you, and all three are beauties. All of these swatches are shown with three coats of polish. This is Gelaze 108 Degrees, a(...)
I’m soooo eager for spring, I can’t help playing with spring colors even though it’s still snowing here. This mani may look a bit complicated, but it’s really just a few simple colors and a stamp. I will deconstruct the mani in the subsequent pictures. The black floral outlines were added last and were stamped(...)
Hi everyone. I’m working through all of my untried polishes to get them swatched, and today I have some light pinks to show you. Pinks and mauves are known to have fading issues, so I did fade tests on all of these polishes and I’m happy to report that none of them had issues. They(...)
The Beauty Blogazons, a group of beauty, fashion and lifestyle bloggers have connected again to give away $500 of cold hard cash to get you ready for the Spring! Will you do a major beauty haul? Pick up the ultimate Spring wardrobe? Maybe pay a few bills? The choice is yours! Please take a little(...)
Swatching all of those light pinks the other day inspired me to do a girly design for my weekly mani. I bought some rose water decals from the Born Pretty Store a while ago and thought they’d pair perfectly with ibd I’m No Damsel since it’s such a soft, light pink. So I started with(...)
If you or your clients are concerned about UV protection during gel manicures, there’s a new product on the market that’s designed to block 99% of the UV light that’s emitted from nail lamps. The product is called YouVeeShield and it is a disposable shield that is placed over the hand (or foot!), fitting securely(...)