Articles on this Page
- 11/20/13--05:00: _Red Carpet Manicure...
- 11/23/13--06:00: _Glam and Glits Pure...
- 11/25/13--07:22: _The Beauty Blogazon...
- 11/27/13--06:00: _Glam and Glits Ink ...
- 12/01/13--06:00: _Messy Mansion Flora...
- 12/03/13--12:41: _2013 Holiday Wishli...
- 12/04/13--05:00: _Red Carpet Manicure...
- 12/05/13--06:00: _Glequin Christmas T...
- 12/09/13--05:00: _Glittery Snowflake ...
- 12/11/13--05:00: _Gelish 2013 “Winter...
- 12/13/13--05:00: _Gelish Wicked & Sim...
- 12/15/13--08:16: _Red & Gold Chevron ...
- 12/18/13--09:03: _VIDEO: Gel Polish S...
- 12/20/13--05:00: _Gelish Trends: #Par...
- 12/24/13--18:21: _Gelish Snow Escape ...
- 12/27/13--10:38: _Gelish Snow Escape ...
- 12/30/13--07:45: _Daisy Soak Off Gel ...
- 12/31/13--06:00: _New Year’s Eve Nail...
- 01/01/14--15:16: _2013 Year in Review...
- 01/05/14--14:00: _VIDEOS: How to mak...
- 11/23/13--06:00: Glam and Glits Pure Pigment Collection
- 11/25/13--07:22: The Beauty Blogazons $500 Holiday Giveaway!
- 11/27/13--06:00: Glam and Glits Ink Art Gel Polish
- 12/01/13--06:00: Messy Mansion Floral Stamped Nails
- 12/03/13--12:41: 2013 Holiday Wishlist & Gift Ideas
- 12/04/13--05:00: Red Carpet Manicure Gel Polish Pro Kit Giveaway!
- 12/05/13--06:00: Glequin Christmas Tree Nail Art
- 12/09/13--05:00: Glittery Snowflake Nails – Take 2
- 12/11/13--05:00: Gelish 2013 “Winter Reds” Swatches
- 12/13/13--05:00: Gelish Wicked & Simpler Sheer Swatches
- 12/15/13--08:16: Red & Gold Chevron Holiday Nails
- 12/18/13--09:03: VIDEO: Gel Polish Stash & Work Station Update
- 12/24/13--18:21: Gelish Snow Escape Collection (Winter 2013) Swatches & Review
- 12/27/13--10:38: Gelish Snow Escape Comparisons
- 12/30/13--07:45: Daisy Soak Off Gel Duos (no bond or base)
- 12/31/13--06:00: New Year’s Eve Nails 2014
- 01/01/14--15:16: 2013 Year in Review & 2014 Goals
- 01/05/14--14:00: VIDEOS: How to make rings using gel polish and/or loose glitter
Red Carpet Manicure’s (RCM) Postcards From Milan collection has six rich, dark shades that are perfect for fall and winter. Each shade has a lovely, subtle metallic shimmer. I really liked the formula of these polishes and the opacity… most only required two coats for full coverage. This is In Style, a gorgeous color that(...)
I’ve written about Glam and Glits’ Ink gel polish brand many times, but they recently came out with a couple of new products that I’m really excited about. The first that I’m going to share with you is their Pure Pigment Collection, which includes 32 pigments and effects. Pigments can be blended with gel polish,(...)
The Beauty Blogazons want to wish you Happy Holidays by hosting a giveaway with a prize of cold card cash! The Blogazons are back for another year of giving and this time we have sweetened the pot! All you have to do is follow some of your favorite bloggers via the widget below for a(...)
Glam and Glits released a line of Ink gel art polishes, which are the first that I’ve heard of. Each bottle has a long, thin nail art brush that enables you to create artistic designs. I created the freehand nail art below using four colors: Black, Charm (teal blue), and Blaze (orange) and Chrome (silver(...)
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I took a few days off and spent time with my daughter and family. I recently picked up a couple of Messy Mansion stamping plates after seeing a review over at Manic Talons. I used stamping plate MM20 for this design. I started with two coats of Gelish(...)
Is it really that time of year again? How quickly time is flying! Every Thanksgiving my family starts asking what everyone wants for Christmas, so I create my lists (I write out lists for everything). I have a list of people that I need to buy for and ideas and budget for each person, and(...)
Red Carpet Manicure offers everything you need to do your own gel polish manicures right from the convenience of your home, without the salon prices! If you read my blog, you know that I’m a gel polish fanatic. Gel polish is the way to go for a long lasting, high shine manicures. You can get(...)
I’m still in disbelief that it’s December already. I haven’t started decorating my house or shopping for gifts yet, but I’m trying to get myself in the Christmas spirit with some festive nails. I’m pretty happy with how this design turned out. I used two colors from the 2012 Gelish Holiday Collection, All Tied Up…(...)
Last year I created this glittery snowflake design that was pretty popular with over 5,000 pins on Pinterest. I decided to try to recreate the look for this winter/holiday season, and I wanted to see if I could improve upon it. I love the glittery goodness of this manicure! There were a lot of steps(...)
The last couple of years Gelish has released a set of reds called “Winter Reds”. The 2013 set includes five shades of red. Note that these are existing colors and are not new shades. Below are my swatches of each of the 2013 Winter Reds. Hot Rod and Red Roses are pretty similar colors –(...)
Gelish Wicked isn’t at all what I thought it would be. All of the color pops I’ve seen show a golden yellow color with sparkle. The swatch below is three coats of Wicked, which is a very sheer tan color with a subtle shimmer finish and some micro glitters. Hmm… this really doesn’t do anything(...)
This is the manicure that I wore to a formal holiday party last evening. My dress was black, white and red and I wanted to add a little more red to the mix on my nails and gold was the perfect accent. My thumb and ring finger have two coats of Gelish Meet the King(...)
Sorry for the lack of posts this week, I’ve been crazy busy with work and holiday stuff. I have a few new Gelish Trends that I’ll be swatching very soon and I keep hoping that the Gelish Snow Escape collection will be available for sale any day now so that I can work on those(...)
The Gelish Trends seem to be making their way into online stores and I picked up a few more this week. These three polishes are all glitter toppers and are glitter suspended in a clear base. They can be applied over a base color for a little extra bling, or you can wear them on(...)
I received the Gelish Snow Escape collection in the mail yesterday and as my Christmas present to you, I stayed up all night preparing swatches since I know you’re all eager to see these colors! So without further ado, let’s get to it! Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of this(...)
If you missed it, I posted my swatches of the Gelish Snow Escape collection on Christmas Eve. I thought I would show a few pictures of my swatch sticks to show you how the new colors compare to some of the other Gelish colors. Let’s Hit the Bunny Slopes is the new creamy shade of(...)
Esther’s Nail Center recently sent me a few of the new Daisy Soak Off Gel Polishes to try. The Daisy gel polishes have been revamped with new bottles and packaging, they now come in duos with a matching regular nail polish (RNP), and they don’t require a bond or base coat which saves time in(...)
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have an enjoyable and safe evening. I’ll be headed out to a party at a friend’s house tonight and of course had to come up with a festive design for my nails to celebrate. I sat at my nail station for about 3 hours putting this one(...)
I can hardly believe it’s 2014 already! I’ve spent a bit of time reflecting on accomplishments achieved over the past year and goals for the coming year (for the blog and my personal life). Below is a summary of my accomplishments and goals for Chickettes. Accomplishments in 2013 I set out with a goal to(...)
I’ve been having fun making glittery rings lately and I posted this picture of three rings that I made using the Gelish Trends polishes on FB and Instagram. I thought I’d do a video demonstration to show you how it’s done. As a quick side note, I’m still wearing my New Years mani… it’s been(...)