Articles on this Page
- 07/29/14--16:01: _DIY Hard Nails Swat...
- 07/31/14--06:00: _GELibility: Turn yo...
- 08/03/14--07:00: _Gel II Reaction AFT...
- 08/05/14--06:00: _My Personal Experie...
- 08/06/14--06:47: _Fun Pastel Circle G...
- 08/08/14--06:00: _The Gelly Sandwich ...
- 08/10/14--06:00: _Gelish Get Color-Fa...
- 08/12/14--06:00: _Gelish Get Color-Fa...
- 08/14/14--06:00: _Bio Seaweed Gel UNI...
- 08/17/14--06:00: _Floral Stamped Nail...
- 08/19/14--06:00: _New DIY Color Chang...
- 08/24/14--06:00: _CND Shellac Modern ...
- 08/26/14--06:00: _Plum Paisley Stampe...
- 08/28/14--06:00: _Orange and Blue Arg...
- 08/31/14--08:51: _GELibility Take 2: ...
- 09/03/14--06:00: _LeChat Perfect Matc...
- 09/05/14--06:00: _VIDEO: MelodySusie ...
- 09/07/14--11:19: _Elegant Neutral and...
- 09/09/14--06:00: _Premium Nails Elite...
- 09/09/14--11:40: _LeChat Perfect Matc...
- 07/29/14--16:01: DIY Hard Nails Swatch Gallery
- 07/31/14--06:00: GELibility: Turn your regular nail polish into gel polish!
- 08/03/14--07:00: Gel II Reaction AFTER DARK – Color Changing Snakeskin Nail Art
- 08/05/14--06:00: My Personal Experience at Cosmoprof North America
- 08/06/14--06:47: Fun Pastel Circle Glitter Gradient!
- 08/10/14--06:00: Gelish Get Color-Fall Collection (2014 Fall Gelish Colors)
- 08/12/14--06:00: Gelish Get Color-Fall Color Comparisons
- 08/14/14--06:00: Bio Seaweed Gel UNITY All-In-One Color Gel Polish Review
- 08/17/14--06:00: Floral Stamped Nails using Bio Seaweed Gel and Wistonia
- 08/19/14--06:00: New DIY Color Changing Gels & a GIVEAWAY!!
- 08/24/14--06:00: CND Shellac Modern Folklore Collection Swatches
- 08/28/14--06:00: Orange and Blue Argyle Nails
- 08/31/14--08:51: GELibility Take 2: Success at creating a holographic gel polish!
- 09/03/14--06:00: LeChat Perfect Match Rustic Retreat Collection for Fall 2014
- 09/05/14--06:00: VIDEO: MelodySusie 12w LED Nail Lamp Review
- 09/07/14--11:19: Elegant Neutral and Black Stamped Nails
- 09/09/14--06:00: Premium Nails Elite Gel Polish Review
- 09/09/14--11:40: LeChat Perfect Match Swatch Gallery
This is a summary of all of the DIY Hard Gel polishes that I have swatched to-date. I will update this page on an ongoing basis as I swatch new colors. Click on the images to see larger photos, and click on the links to view or purchase the items on Amazon.com. The Amazon links(...)
Hello readers! Many of you reached out and asked me to review GELibility, and it’s finally here! For those of you that don’t know, GELibility is a custom formulated clear gel that can be mixed with regular nail polish (RNP) to turn it into gel polish. That’s right, you can turn ANY regular polish into(...)
During my visit to the Gel II booth at Cosmoprof, I learned more about the Gel II Reaction collection and we talked about nail art and some of the fun things that you can do with these color changing polishes. If you apply the Reaction gels over colorful nail art you can create some really(...)
Many of my recent posts have summarized some of the cool things that I learned about while attending Cosmoprof North America. A few friends expressed interest in hearing about my personal experiences at the show, and I also want to document some of this information for myself so that I don’t forget the lessons that(...)
I’m in the mood for something fun! I’ve been busy writing summaries and doing reviews, and I felt the need to do something light and carefree… and this is what I came up with. I purchased a bunch of circle glitters recently, and I got this little colorful pot of glitter from Born Pretty. This(...)
I’ve been asked many times, “What is a gelly sandwich?” A gelly sandwich (aka gellie sandwich or gel sandwich) is when you apply regular nail polish (RNP) in between a gel base and top coat. This technique usually prolongs the wear of regular nail polish by a few days, but it generally doesn’t last as(...)
I have swatches of the new Gelish Get Color-Fall Collection for you! These Gelish MINI polishes can be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply. The six colors in this collection are inspired by the brilliant colors of nature in the fall. Each of my swatches demonstrates three coats of color. The formula of these polishes was(...)
Many of you asked me to put together some comparisons that show how the new Gelish Get Color-Fall Collection colors compare to some existing colors, so I pulled out my swatch sticks and took some photos. You can click on these images to view them at full size. Let’s start with Berry Buttoned Up… an(...)
I was very excited to see that Bio Seaweed Gel (BSG) had a booth at Cosmoprof because I’d heard so much about their gel polish, but hadn’t tried it yet. Their booth was one of my very first visits while I was there. I learned that they have two lines of soak-off gel polish; UNITY(...)
I applied this gorgeous creamy purple polish from Bio Seaweed Gel (BSG) called Star Struck to my nails to take a swatch picture, and I didn’t want to take it off! Star Struck is a very unique shade of dark purple that sometimes appears to be more of a blurple (blue-ish purple). I thought it(...)
DIY Hard Nails has three brand new color changing gel polishes! Everyone seems to really be love these color changers with glitter (myself included), so you’ll be excited to hear that two lucky people will be able to win some of these beauties! The GIVEAWAY info is at the bottom of this post, don’t miss(...)
The colors of the CND Shellac Modern Folklore Collection caught my eye. This is a new collection that is out for Fall 2014. CND describes these colors as rich, romantic and sophisticated… I would have to agree. Take a look at these nail art ideas from the CND website… such gorgeous color combinations. While the(...)
I posted swatches of the CND Shellac Modern Folklore collection the other day and I was inspired by the color Plum Paisley to actually create plum paisley nails. The paisley image on Bundle Monster stamping plate BM-315 is one of my favorite patterns. I’ve created other nail art looks with this stamp in the past,(...)
This is another simple look that I created using one of the new colors from the CND Shellac Modern Folklore collection. I love this shimmery burnt orange shade called Fine Vermillion, and I figured it would pair well with a dark blue. I decided to stamp this argyle pattern over Fine Vermillion using a pattern(...)
I’ve been playing with my GELibility again, and this time I was successful at creating a holographic gel polish! Woo hoo! If you don’t know what Gelibility is, it’s a custom formulated clear gel that can be mixed with regular nail polish (RNP) to turn it into gel polish. I did a full review of(...)
Ready or not, fall colors are here! I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the LeChat Rustic Retreat Collection since learning about it at Cosmoprof in Las Vegas this past July. This collection is comprised of six lush woodland shades for fall. All six colors have cream finishes. Most are thick creams and were(...)
I’m often asked for affordable LED nail lamp recommendations, so I jumped at the chance to review the MelodySusie 12w LED Light Gel Nail Dryer. This is a small, portable lamp that is intended for at-home use. I did a full video review with a demo. And if you don’t have time to watch a(...)
I’ve been wanting to create a simplistic black & tan nail art look for a while. I think this look is simple and elegant, and can be worn just about anywhere. I started with three coats of ibd Dockside Diva, which is probably one of my favorite neutral shades of all time. I stamped the(...)
I learned of a gel polish brand that I hadn’t heard of before during my trip to Cosmoprof North America. While walking the trade show floor, I came across the Premium Nails booth and saw that they had a line of gel polish called Elite. I stopped to chat and learn more about Elite, which(...)
This is a summary of all of the LeChat Perfect Match polishes that I have swatched to-date. I will update this page on an ongoing basis as I swatch new colors. Click on the images to see larger photos, and click on the links to view or purchase the items on Amazon.com. The Amazon links(...)