Articles on this Page
- 06/19/14--06:00: _GIVEAWAY! Win a Uni...
- 06/20/14--06:00: _Sneak Peek of the G...
- 06/22/14--07:17: _Gradients, Lace & B...
- 06/24/14--06:00: _Daisy Duo Swatches
- 06/26/14--06:00: _Independence Day / ...
- 06/29/14--07:00: _Gelish Playin’ It C...
- 07/01/14--06:00: _4th of July America...
- 07/03/14--06:00: _DIY Hard Nails Glit...
- 07/06/14--06:00: _FingerPaints Flakie...
- 07/08/14--06:00: _Sheer black polka d...
- 07/10/14--06:00: _DIY Hard Nails Colo...
- 07/12/14--07:00: _I’m off to Cosmopro...
- 07/14/14--06:00: _Guest Post: Glitte...
- 07/16/14--06:00: _DIY Hard Nails – Sh...
- 07/18/14--07:05: _Trends Spotted at C...
- 07/20/14--08:22: _Tropical Beach Suns...
- 07/22/14--06:00: _DIY Hard Nails – Cr...
- 07/24/14--06:00: _Fall 2014 Gel Polis...
- 07/26/14--06:00: _More Beach Nails – ...
- 07/29/14--12:01: _Cosmoprof: Technol...
- 06/19/14--06:00: GIVEAWAY! Win a Unique Jord Wood Watch!
- 06/22/14--07:17: Gradients, Lace & Bling
- 06/24/14--06:00: Daisy Duo Swatches
- 06/26/14--06:00: Independence Day / 4th of July Nails
- 06/29/14--07:00: Gelish Playin’ It Cool Collection
- 07/01/14--06:00: 4th of July American Flag Nails
- 07/03/14--06:00: DIY Hard Nails Glitter Toppers
- 07/06/14--06:00: FingerPaints Flakies – Lunar Flair
- 07/08/14--06:00: Sheer black polka dot nails with flowers and glitter
- 07/10/14--06:00: DIY Hard Nails Color Changing Gel Polish – Part 2
- 07/12/14--07:00: I’m off to Cosmoprof in Las Vegas!
- 07/14/14--06:00: Guest Post: Glitter Flowers by ManicTalons.com
- 07/16/14--06:00: DIY Hard Nails – Shimmery Gel Polishes
- 07/20/14--08:22: Tropical Beach Sunset Nails
- 07/22/14--06:00: DIY Hard Nails – Creamy Gel Polishes
- 07/24/14--06:00: Fall 2014 Gel Polish Collections
- 07/26/14--06:00: More Beach Nails – Sand and Water
- 07/29/14--12:01: Cosmoprof: Technology and Nails
Hi everyone! Chickettes has teamed up with Jord Watches to bring you an awesome giveaway! The prize is a unique Jord Fieldcrest Maple wood watch, valued at $120. This is a high quality wooden timepiece for men or women with a medium-sized face and stainless steel hands and clasp. If you don’t wear watches, this(...)
I’m excited to share a sneak peek of the new Gelish Get Color-Fall Collection that’s expected to be released in August. This collection was inspired by all of the brilliant colors of nature in the fall. These shades are all really gorgeous and lush! I’m not ready to wear fall colors just yet, so my(...)
Today’s manicure is a bit of a mix of techniques. As many of you know, I’ve been trying to figure out how to do a pure gel polish gradient and have gotten awful results with the different ideas I’ve tried. Well Nails by Shannon posted this video about her technique and it totally blew me(...)
I have a few swatches of Daisy Duo soak-off gel polishes. The Daisy Duos come in a package with a matching bottle of regular nail polish, which is why they’re called duos… you get two for the price of one. These polishes don’t require a base coat – you apply them directly onto your nail,(...)
It’s hard to believe that next week is July already, and one of my favorite holidays is coming up. I love celebrating the 4th of July with family and friends… watching fireworks is always the highlight of the day for me. This is the first design that I came up with for the 4th of(...)
I finally have the limited edition Gelish Playin’ It Cool Collection swatches to show you. I don’t have an inside scoop on this collection, so I’m not sure why it hasn’t shown up in stores online yet… or if it will. I do know that the colors are available in the US at Cosmoprof stores(...)
Happy Canada Day to all of my Canadian followers!! I’m sorry I don’t have a Canadian themed mani for you today. This is my second (and probably last) Independence Day themed mani for the year. I went with a classic American flag stars and stripes look. I created this look with gel polish and stamping. (...)
Today I have two swatches of glitter toppers from the DIY Hard Nails line of gel polishes. I first wrote about these products a couple of weeks ago when I reviewed two of the DIY color changing gel polishes. These glitter toppers can be worn on their own, over a color, or you can do fun(...)
I picked up two of the FingerPaints flakie gel polishes at Sally’s a while back and am just now getting around to trying them out. The two that I bought are Lunar Flair and Midnight Flash. I actually have a hard time telling the two apart. I think that Midnight Flash just doesn’t have the(...)
This manicure was inspired by some pictures that I’ve seen on Instagram with the sheer polka dotted look. I think the most memorable one was the polka dot and lace mani that Bad Girl Nails posted on March 7th. The two polka dotted nails have a sheer grey base using two coats of Gelish Clean(...)
Are you ready for a few more color changing polishes?! I have three more mood polishes from DIY Hard Nails. All of the DIY color changing polishes have a thick creamy formula, and they are loaded with glitter. I really love the look of these, and they apply great. You can see the two other(...)
When this posts I will hopefully be mid-flight to Las Vegas for the Cosmoprof North America tradeshow! I have been anticipating this day for months and it’s finally here! This is my first time attending Cosmoprof and I’m super excited for the opportunity to meet with representatives from all of the different brands to learn(...)
Hello lovely Chickettes readers! Since Andrea is living it up in Las Vegas and getting the scoop on our favorite brands for next year, I’m hijacking her blog and throwing some glitter around again. Seems appropriate for Las Vegas, right? For those of you who haven’t “met” me before, I’m Michelle from www.ManicTalons.com. My blog(...)
Who doesn’t love a great shimmer polish?! These four beauties are from the DIY Hard Nails line of gel polishes, which continues to impress me. Previously I have posted about some of the amazing color changing and glitter polishes that they have available – you can read about those here. Each of these swatches show(...)
I’m home from the Cosmoprof North America cosmetic trade show in Las Vegas and am on information overload! I’ve been reviewing my notes and photos from the show, trying to digest it all and figure out the best way to report it to you. This was my first time attending the show and it was(...)
It’s vacation time! We’re on our annual family vacation in Siesta Key, Florida, relaxing and soaking up the sun. This is my mani for the week… a tropical sunset theme. I started with a yellow base using TruGel Smoke and Mirrors. Then I created a gradient using three colors from the TruGel Ringleader collection… Smoke(...)
I have a few more colors from DIY Hard Nails to share with you today. These are the gel polishes from this line that have a creamy finish. All of these colors have great opacity, which I really love. The white and black may be my new favorites to use for nail art bases because(...)
It’s mid-summer here and I’m still enjoying soaking up the sun, and the bright, bold colors of summer. I’m not quite ready for fall yet, but alas it’s almost upon us. During my trip to Cosmoprof North America I learned about several new collections that will be coming out this fall. Below is a quick(...)
I thought I’d show you how I did my daughter’s nails for our vacation. She wanted something beach-themed with sand, so I did this design that looks like the water crashing on the sand. I started with two coats of ibd Dockside Diva, topped with one coat of Gelish Vegas Nights. Those two colors alone(...)
I’ve always been a bit of a tech geek and am usually first in line when new gadgets come out, so I really enjoyed seeing how technology is playing a role in the world of nails during my Cosmoprof trip! Did you know that you can turn your fingernail into a stylus for your touch-screen(...)